Monday, February 12, 2007

A new blog, someone else to judge

OK fellow inside-the-beltway readers.....Kitty-Time can't spend all day feeling haunted by yesterday's NYT story, so I am adding another entry for today.

In case you aren't aware, a new fashion blog for DC has launched...and before I logged on, I had so much hope.

Naturally, the first thing I wondered was - would I make it on there? Will I log on one day to see a pic of myself in the "Do" category for fashion in Washington? Mais Oui! It will surely happen. And of course, Kitty-Time challenges her other beltway readers to find themselves in the "DO" category of this new fashion site.

But - quelle horreur! I logged on with so much hope and anticipation...and the most recent entry features a "fashionable" woman wearing........

ANN TAYLOR.

Isn't this what we are trying to NOT be known as, people?

I mean - if DC is ever going to get away from its hideous fashion reputation, then DC's first blog on fashion CANNOT be posting a picture of a woman in an ANN TAYLOR SWEATER.

MON DIEU.

Fortunately, there are some other fantastic dresses posted:

http://www.projectbeltway.com/

2 comments:

rachel said...

Enjoyed reading your site--you cracked me up with your Tara/astronaut tirade and made me think when I read your "guilt" post. Check out my feedback on your excellent comments on the blog--
I'm going to keep reading, hope you do too!

Rachel
www.projectbeltway.com

Kitty Time said...

Rachel! Thanks for the compliments! Kitty-Time will link to your site and keep going back for more, I was inspired by a few of the people on the street and love that you are taking an Ellen approach - no "Dont's" - nothing negative! I try to do that here at Kitty-Time except when bashing the President. I need my high-tech friends to help me with traffic and links because I get bored when reading those technical sites and so then stop...ha! Great thinking on projectbeltway - love the idea!